Who We Are
Cint is a pioneer in research technology (ResTech). Our customers use the Cint platform to post questions and get answers from real people to build business strategies, confidently publish research, accurately measure the impact of digital advertising, and more. The Cint platform is built on a programmatic marketplace, which is the world’s largest, with nearly 300 million respondents in over 150 countries who consent to sharing their opinions, motivations, and behaviours. We are feeding the world’s curiosity!
Cint seeks a Staff Accountant to join our Revenue Accounting and Billing team. The Staff Accountant will report to the Director of Revenue Accounting and assist with the billing, revenue, and cost of goods sold (COGS) accounting processes for the software and other product lines.
We are looking for a self-starter who will quickly learn our systems and processes, proactively identify improvements, and become an integral part of our team. Ideal candidates will also possess the ability to independently prioritize tasks, consistently meet deadlines, and promptly and professionally address inquiries in our collaborative and dynamic environment.
The Revenue Accounting and Billing team is an essential part of Cint’s Finance organization and drives the following, among other responsibilities:
- Invoicing to customers.
- Revenue and COGS month-end close responsibilities.
- Implementation of revenue accounting policies and internal controls.
- Enhancement of systems and processes impacting revenue accounting and invoicing.
We collaborate closely with our Sales, Operations, Project Success, Legal, FP&A, and other teams to ensure all company revenue is recorded in accordance with accounting standards and to facilitate the collection of outstanding invoice amounts.
What You Will Do
- Perform monthly client billing and revenue accounting processes for the Software product line.
- Assist with the entry of supplier bills for US and international subsidiaries.
- Calculate and record month-end revenue accrual and COGS journal entries, including intercompany entries.
- Deliver thorough balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis of data and financials to verify accuracy.
- Analyze existing and new client and supplier contracts to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Interact with clients and suppliers to solve problems and provide support.
- Work closely with other business units to fulfill business needs and identify process improvements.
- Assist with external audit deliverables and internal process documentation when requested.
- Monitor internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Cross-train with Finance team to share and improve process knowledge.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reporting and analysis and complete special projects, as needed.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- High-energy team player with the willingness to easily adapt to change and meet tight deadlines.
- Solid communication skills and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Acute attention to detail and strong analytical and organization skills.
- Desire to continue to grow and to automate and streamline manual processes.
- Proficiency in or ability to quickly learn enterprise accounting and customer relationship management software (NetSuite and Salesforce preferred).
- Excellent Excel skills (i.e., pivot tables, Xlookups, macros, etc.).
Bonus Points If You Have
- CPA or CPA-eligible strongly preferred.
- Public accounting experience.
- Prior knowledge of ASC 606 and software revenue recognition.
- Familiarity with data analytics tools (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to identify and lead implementation of internal controls and process improvements.
Anticipated Salary Range (US Only):
In California, Colorado, New York City and Washington, the anticipated pay range for this role is $50,000 to $60,000 annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations. In addition, this position is also eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options to suit you and your family’s needs
- 401K with company matching
- PTO, unlimited sick days
- Remote Work
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Annual bonus opportunity
Collaboration is our superpower
- We uncover rich perspectives across the world
- Success happens together
- We deliver across borders.
Innovation is in our blood
- We’re pioneers in our industry
- Our curiosity is insatiable
- We bring the best ideas to life.
We do what we say
- We’re accountable for our work and actions
- Excellence comes as standard
- We’re open, honest and kind, always.
We are caring
- We learn from each other’s experiences
- Stop and listen; every opinion matters
- We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion.
More About Cint
Founded in 1998 in Stockholm, Sweden, Cint is a global software leader in digital insights and research technology. In January 2022, Cint acquired Lucid, a US- based programmatic research technology platform. Cint Group AB (publ), listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (STO:CINT), has a global workforce of over 1,000. Cint has offices in Stockholm, London, New York, New Orleans, Singapore, Gurgaon, Sydney, and Japan, among other locations (www.cint.com).