Who We Are
Cint is a global software leader in technology-enabled insights. The Cint platform automates the insights gathering process so that companies can gain access to insights faster with unparalleled scale. Cint has one of the world’s largest consumer networks for digital survey-based research, made up of over 160 million engaged respondents across more than 130 countries. Over 3,200 insights-driven companies use Cint to accelerate how they gather consumer insights and supercharge business growth.
We are searching for an experienced Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with a drive for automation and a passion for DevOps methodology. You'll be working with a team of other engineers to build out and evolve our rapidly expanding cloud infrastructure in AWS. We are looking for the kind of person that is energized by complex challenges, teamwork, and problem solving. In return, we can offer a great tech culture, competitive compensation packages, and employment benefits.
The Infrastructure Engineering team holds itself accountable to a high standard of build quality. We have recently completed the first major phase of a completely green-field infrastructure and platform rebuild that is designed to underpin Cint's business applications for the next decade, while scaling to support a 10-fold growth in revenue. We are compulsive about infrastructure as code (nothing in our platform is created or deployed unless via a code change) and driven to achieve a full end to end continuous deployment pipeline.
Major elements of our platform include: AWS (we make significant use of S3, RDS, Kinesis, EC2, EMR, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch and EKS), Linux, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Packer, Ansible and Jenkins. We support applications and services written in Golang, Python, Java, Scala and .Net. We monitor and alert on everything we deploy via Grafana, Prometheus, Graphite and ELK stacks.
This role is open to candidates living in the UK to work remotely or from our office location (London).
What You Will Do
- Work as part of the Infrastructure team on sprints that evolve our core platform and systems
- Provide point of expertise on infrastructure and CI/CD to our wider engineering teams - often working as part of their scrum on larger projects
- Automate the build and deployment of software to our cloud platform and help the organization do it more efficiently and effectively. Eliminate all repetitive manual operations from our daily lives
- Improve our monitoring and alerting systems to enable engineering teams to successfully operate and gain insights into the behavior of applications in “hands-off” environments
- Participate in an on-call rotation and assist with troubleshooting issues that arise
What We Are Looking For
- Multiple years of experience in predominantly cloud infrastructure roles (AWS) working within teams that practice DevOps
- Ability to interact comfortably with AWS via CLI and/or API
- Expertise and solid experience in deploying infrastructure as code with, at minimum, Terraform and ideally some of the supporting cast (Ansible, Packer)
- Excellent knowledge of building and running Docker images/containers
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the software development lifecycle, including the use of git and continuous integration tools (Jenkins’ Groovy DSL, TravisCI, github actions etc.)
- Understanding of “cloud native” and 12-Factor applications
- Good knowledge of monitoring and alerting using one or more of: Graphite, Statsd, Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty
- Expertise in at least one scripting or programming language (Python, Bash, Ruby, Node, Golang, Java)
- Plays well with others - we build and ship as a team
Bonus Points If You Have
- Good knowledge of the network stack at L4 and L7, particularly inter VPC routing
- Experience with managing DNS and resolver hierarchies
- Ability to debug HTTP APIs and understand other L7 protocols
- Kubernetes administration experience
- Specific cloud security expertise (threat assessment, attack surface management, SGs, NACLs, data security)
- Experience of building and running Windows servers in AWS
- Experience of continuous deployment strategies and technologies (Blue/Green, DNS or LB weighting, automated regression testing, Spinnaker, CodeDeploy, Jenkins for CD)
We are accountable - We do what we say, and say what we do. We believe in transparency. We drive results.
We work together - We listen to understand. We collaborate to find the best solutions. We help each other to succeed.
We drive new ideas forward - We are passionate about innovation. We are curious learners. We take smart risks.
We think beyond ourselves - We are respectful and compassionate. We champion diversity and equality. We promote a sense of belonging.
More About Cint
In June 2021, Cint acquired Berlin-based GapFish – the world’s largest ISO certified online panel community in the DACH region - and in December, completed the acquisition of US-based Lucid – a programmatic research technology platform that provides access to first-party survey data in over 110 countries.
Cint Group AB (publ), listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, has a rapidly growing team across its many global offices, including Stockholm, London, New York, New Orleans, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. (www.cint.com)