Cint is a global software leader in technology-enabled insights. The Cint platform automates the insights gathering process so that companies can gain access to insights faster with unparalleled scale. Cint has one of the world’s largest consumer networks for digital survey-based research, made up of over 160 million engaged respondents across more than 130 countries. Over 3,200 insights-driven companies use Cint to accelerate how they gather consumer insights and supercharge business growth.
The Cint Engineering Team is looking for a Software Engineer II to join our Marketplace Respondent Flow team. This position is for a software engineer who likes new challenges and is looking for opportunities to grow their career. Our business is growing fast, and our systems need to scale to accommodate this growth: we are planning for 10x growth over the next 3 years. This will require us to modernize our legacy, monolithic systems and establish SLAs and mature engineering practices to allow us to auto-scale, optimize costs, and ensure a stable foundation for our marketplace
The Respondent space is the central starting point for all data within Cint and Lucid. All of the downstream consumers depend on the data being fast, efficient, accurate and readily available without exception. You will also work on merging the workflows between Cint and Lucid and modernizing this portion of the platform.
This role is open to candidates living in the United States to work remotely or from one of our US-based office locations (New Orleans, Dallas, New York)
The ideal candidate for this role will have 2+ years of hands-on professional software development experience, with a proven track record of design and delivery.
Examples of Recent Projects:
- Improving Questions Search and Navigation.
- Updating our API gateway to use docker.
- Build a metrics service for on-demand business metrics for Buyers.
- Extracting a bounded-context domain (Quotas) out of the monolith and into its own cloud based, NoSQL microservice.
- Develop RESTful APIs to support both internal and external clients
- Build reliable, maintainable, well documented features that will scale to support millions of respondents
- Demonstrate a curiosity about developing software, learning new technologies, and working with senior/staff engineers to expand your skills
- Execute full software development life cycle as part of an Agile team, including: Collaborate with the team to refine and modify requirements, follow established design paradigms and design patterns, follow strong unit testing and integration testing practices
- Drive delivery at a story/feature/bug level as a member of a self-organized scrum team
- Participate in an on-call rotation to monitor and support shipped features for success and issues
- Support the business teams and product managers in data extracts and data analysis
- 2+ years of hands-on software development experience in Go/Golang, Java, or C#
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design principles
- Ability to collaborate with peers to debug and solve problems that meet customer needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aims to push the limits of your knowledge and experience every day
- Enjoys working as part of a team
Bonus Points if you have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven experience with high volume and high-performance applications
- Experience with NoSQL and cloud based distributed systems design
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- We are accountable - We do what we say, and say what we do. We believe in transparency. We drive results.
- We work together - We listen to understand. We collaborate to find the best solutions. We help each other to succeed.
- We drive new ideas forward - We are passionate about innovation. We are curious learners. We take smart risks.
- We think beyond ourselves - We are respectful and compassionate We champion diversity and equality We promote a sense of belonging.
More about Cint
In June 2021, Cint acquired Berlin-based GapFish – the world’s largest ISO certified online panel community in the DACH region - and in December, completed the acquisition of US-based Lucid – a programmatic research technology platform that provides access to first-party survey data in over 110 countries.
Cint Group AB (publ), listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, has a rapidly growing team across its many global offices, including Stockholm, London, New York, New Orleans, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. (www.cint.com)