Digital transformation has turned traditional business models on their heads. Business leaders look to companies that can offer technology-enabled solutions to drive their processes and value chains. Cint is a leader in the market research industry’s current transformation from traditional to online and digital methodologies. The company’s industry leading SaaS platform technology enables businesses to quickly and effectively access audiences and data for online market research and insights.
Cint seeks a Global Controller to lead the accounting team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Global Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer, oversee regular accounting activities and month-end close, and assist with financial statement audits, system implementations, and other special projects. This person will lead, manage, and grow a team while working closely with management and other departments.
Working closely with the CFO, the Global Controller will be tasked with managing various aspects of the accounting responsibilities within Cint; including strategic oversight of the general accounting ledger, payables, billing, receivables, treasury, payroll and financial reporting.
The Global Controller will share the responsibility for maintaining an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls to ensure accurate and timely results in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
The Global Controller is able to provide business insights on a cross-functional, strategic and operational basis. With offices in the New Orleans, New York, Dallas, London, Gurgaon, Sydney, Singapore, Prague, Hamburg, as well as remote employees throughout the globe, the Global Controller must have experience managing international accounting operations, overseeing various payroll systems and processes, developing tax efficient international structures and ensuring compliance with all necessary laws.
The ideal candidate should have a CPA and 15+ years of experience (4+ public audit preferred) with 10+ years of progressive management experience with thorough knowledge of GAAP and reporting requirements. The ability to meet deadlines and flexibility while handling changing priorities are essential in this position.
- The Global Controller will lead the accounting team and partner with the finance, operations, and sales functions to ensure that the organization consistently performs its core accounting, audit, tax, credit, and reporting duties effectively and efficiently
- Establish, implement, and oversee appropriate internal controls and policies to ensure conformance and compliance with US GAAP and other statutory requirements
- Manage the day-to-day activities of revenue recognition, accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing and collections, payroll, and general entity accounting
- Manage stock compensation expense including Lucid’s cap table and valuation software. Additionally, must understand private company equity including 409A valuations, warrants, and private company financing arrangements
- Review and approve accounting transactions, maintain general ledger, and fiscal records
- Work with external tax accountants and advisors in preparing annual tax filings to ensure tax compliance
- Create tax efficient international corporate structures and business best practices, including setting up new international entities
- Partner with FP&A to review all month-end closing activities to identify any issues and opportunities
- Partner with FP&A to run monthly cash flow review and analysis to provide insight and recommendations into business decision making
- Participate in cross-functional projects to drive overall enhancements to the finance function
- Develop, train, prioritize, and manage accounting team to meet the company’s needs and objectives
- Provide support for operations of other finance areas (tax, treasury, payroll, planning and analysis)
- Work closely with other business units to identify solutions for process improvement
- Bachelor's Degree and CPA required; MS or MBA preferred
- 15+ years of progressive accounting leadership experience required; 4+ years of public audit experience preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience at managing accounting, treasury, tax, and payroll functions
- Must have experience with consolidations in a multiple legal entity international environment
- Software as a Service/Technology industry experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with GAAP, monthly close process, and audit facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong cross-functional and Executive Level relationships
- Experience with both large and small/mid-size company experience with a track record of driving positive results in hands-on environments
- Demonstrable experience in managing and coaching teams effectively
- Strong self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a cross-functional team member
- Excellent Excel and Technology skills required – Ability to quickly learn enterprise accounting software
- Team player with strong analytical skills and attention to detail, and a strong desire to automate and streamline manual processes
- We are accountable - We do what we say, and say what we do. We believe in transparency. We drive results.
- We work together - We listen to understand. We collaborate to find the best solutions. We help each other to succeed.
- We drive new ideas forward - We are passionate about innovation. We are curious learners. We take smart risks.
- We think beyond ourselves - We are respectful and compassionate We champion diversity and equality We promote a sense of belonging.
More about Cint
Cint is a global software leader in technology-enabled insights. The Cint platform automates the insights gathering process so that companies can gain access to insights faster with unparalleled scale. Cint has the world’s largest consumer network for digital survey-based research, made up of over 160 million engaged respondents across more than 130 countries. Over 3,200 insights-driven companies use Cint to accelerate how they gather consumer insights and supercharge business growth.
In June 2021, Cint acquired Berlin-based GapFish – the world’s largest ISO certified online panel community in the DACH region - and in December, completed the acquisition of US-based Lucid – a programmatic research technology platform that provides access to first-party survey data in over 110 countries.
Cint Group AB (publ), listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, has a rapidly growing team across its many global offices including, Stockholm, London, New York, New Orleans, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. (www.cint.com)