Digital transformation has turned traditional business models on their heads. Business leaders look to companies that can offer technology-enabled solutions to drive their processes and value chains. Cint is a leader in the market research industry’s current transformation from traditional to online and digital methodologies. The company’s industry leading SaaS platform technology enables businesses to quickly and effectively access audiences and data for online market research and insights.
Cint seeks a Senior Manager to join our Revenue Accounting team. The Senior Manager of Accounting will report to the Director of Revenue Accounting and manage the billing and revenue accounting processes for the software product line as well as the recognition of cost of goods sold (COGS) for all product lines. The ideal candidate should be a CPA and have extensive knowledge of GAAP and reporting requirements. The ability to prioritize, identify opportunities for process and system improvements, and drive the realization of those improvements are essential in this role.
- Oversee the daily and monthly billing and revenue accounting processes for the software product line and activities related to COGS
- Manage the monthly financial close process for specific revenue sources and COGS
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and that all required financial data is recorded, reconciled, and disclosed timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP
- Review and approve accounting transactions and maintain general ledger and fiscal records
- Develop, train, and manage a team, cultivating an atmosphere that motivates employees and provides opportunities for initiative
- Prioritize team task to maintain schedules and meet the company's needs and objectives
- Collaborate with the Accounting Team and other business units to accomplish billing and other accounting activities and increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify process and system improvements and lead efforts to implement those improvements
- Participate in strategic projects and the continuing development of accounting policies and procedures
- Enhance and maintain internal control, policies, procedures, and other documentation
- Support the annual financial statement and statutory audits
- Prepare ad hoc financial reporting and analysis and complete special projects, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration; CPA required
- 7+ years of progressive accounting and 4+ years of leadership experience required; public accounting experience preferred (Big 4 a plus)
- Software as a service (SaaS) or technology industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with GAAP, internal control over financial reporting, monthly and yearly close processes, and audit facilitation
- Demonstrated experience with managing and coaching teams to achieve outstanding performance and exercising good judgement to raise relevant issues to leadership
- Proven ability to foster strong cross-functional relationships and establish productive outcomes
- Solid communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate complex accounting concepts and commitment to excellent customer service
- Acute attention to detail and strong analytical and organization skills
- Proficiency in or ability to quickly learn enterprise accounting and customer relationship management software (NetSuite and Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent Excel skills (i.e., pivot tables, Xlookups, macros, etc.)
We are accountable - We do what we say, and say what we do. We believe in transparency. We drive results.
We work together - We listen to understand. We collaborate to find the best solutions. We help each other to succeed.
We drive new ideas forward - We are passionate about innovation. We are curious learners. We take smart risks.
We think beyond ourselves - We are respectful and compassionate We champion diversity and equality We promote a sense of belonging.
More about Cint
Cint is a global software leader in technology-enabled insights. The Cint platform automates the insights gathering process so that companies can gain access to insights faster with unparalleled scale. Cint has the world’s largest consumer network for digital survey-based research, made up of over 160 million engaged respondents across more than 130 countries. Over 3,200 insights-driven companies use Cint to accelerate how they gather consumer insights and supercharge business growth.
In June 2021, Cint acquired Berlin-based GapFish – the world’s largest ISO certified online panel community in the DACH region - and in December, completed the acquisition of US-based Lucid – a programmatic research technology platform that provides access to first-party survey data in over 110 countries.
Cint Group AB (publ), listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, has a rapidly growing team across its many global offices including, Stockholm, London, New York, New Orleans, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. (www.cint.com)