Cint is a global software leader in digital insights gathering. The Cint platform automates the insights gathering process so that companies can gain access to insights faster with unparalleled scale. Cint has the world’s largest consumer network for digital survey-based research, made up of over 130 million engaged respondents across more than 130 countries.
More than 2,000 insights-driven companies - including Kantar, Zappi, GfK and SurveyMonkey - use Cint to accelerate how they gather consumer insights and supercharge business growth.
Cint has a rapidly growing team across 14 global offices including London, New York, Stockholm, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Barcelona, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. (www.cint.com)
Do you love new tech - but also love stable tech? Are you motivated by getting the two working together in harmony without risking the day to day reliability? If the answer is yes, this role might be the right one for you. We are technologically agnostic, using both Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystems with additional tooling for deployment, observability and security. You would get the opportunity to join a fast-growing company, modest enough for you to play a meaningful role and influencing our technology as well as way of working, but broad enough to make a change and working towards long term goals in an agile environment.
The Site Reliability Team’s mission is to design, build and develop secure and highly available infrastructure, but also to provide a self-service environment that enables software development teams to move fast, stay compliant and take end-to-end responsibility for their products.
Our cloud-based production systems are growing and becoming more complex, hence the need to expand the Site Reliability Team with a Site Reliability Engineering Manager, who wants to be a part in driving change, set the vision and plan, getting everyone on board, and help deliver towards these shared goals. In this role, you will get the possibility to flex your skills by working in a fast-moving, supporting, and curious team with the ambition to continuously improve the overall production system reliability and development experience. With a remote-first mindset, you would join an international team with the possibility to work from our offices around the globe when needed.
Role Purpose & Responsibilities:
- Ensure high reliability across all production systems and workflows.
- Take ownership of SLAs as well as define the meaning of application and infrastructure availability
- Help develop the team members, understand their daily technical challenges and provide support and guidance
- Work closely with product development and help improve their productivity through better tooling, processes, and technologies
- Own and evolve the incident management process and tooling
- Proactively work with system reliability and security initiatives
- You are a flexible and accountable person with a hands-on background as well as a holistic view of people, processes and technology
- You have a passion for building and developing engineering teams and systems with high demands on availability and security
- You possess great planning, collaboration and communication skills with a couple of years of proven leadership experience and business understanding
- You have a background in working with infrastructure, architecture and automation focusing on availability and reliability
- You bring experience working with Agile and iterative processes and practices
- You have experience in modern ways of designing, building and running production systems in public cloud such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure, as well as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery familiar with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform etc.
- Innovation – We never think with limits. We continuously focus on solving problems to create value.
- Collaboration – We unite in teams and work with people we can learn from to nurture value.
- Accountability – We take ownership of our actions. We say what we do and do what we say, to deliver value.